When selling your home you never get a second chance to make a first impression so it is always important to create a wow factor with any prospective buyers. Here are 10 inexpensive tips that can make your home leave buyers wanting more!
- Get a New Mailbox - Make your mailbox an extension of your home. You don't want the first thing a buyer sees to be an old rusty mailbox! If possible make a little path to the mailbox with bricks or stones to make it a little more homey.
- Replace all Old Hardware - This is not expensive but it can make a huge difference! Replace all old knobs and handles and even light fixtures.
- Add Plants - Add small trees and plants around the yard. This afternoon project can make a big difference for all prospective buyers when they are walking through the yard.
- Garden - First take a few minutes and remove and flowers and weeds that might be in the garden. Next add new soil and replant some new flowers and maybe even add a few pieces of stonework to add some character.
- Walkways - If possible add a stone walkway from the house to anything (mailbox, garage, spa, BBQ area, etc). This project should cost you less then $100 and adds a nice feature to any home!
- Railings - If you have railings outside or on stairs inside the home its time for an upgrade. I might just be a new coat of paint or having it refinished but this small touch is sure to be noticed by your potential buyers.
- Painting - Don't paint the whole house as that can get expensive. Instead just touch up any areas that need it. Most buyers end up painting the interior of the home when they purchase so don't worry as much about that focus on the exterior of your home.
- Exterior Lighting - Adding solar lights along walkways and next to the driveway are a great touch and usually inexpensive. Plus if it looks great you can also include a night photo in your listing!
- Family Pictures - Take down all family photos and add some inexpensive art from Ikea or some other discount home store to cover any marks on the wall. Remember you want all perspective buyers to feel like this could be their home, not like its YOUR home.
- Clean Up - Before your showings begin make sure to remove all clutter and clean everything up. Many clients end up hiring a maid to come to their house once a week to insure the home stays clean for all perspective buyers.
For more information on selling your home or if you would like a Free Market Valuation contact us today!